Location: Owatonna, MN
Apply Online Today!
Develop computerized drawings of product assemblies, subassemblies and needed components in support of the fabrication and assembly of product as part of the CDI order fulfillment process.
This is a full-time position. Hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm.
- Create drawings and BOMs for basic pre-designed parts following established CDI Design Standards and Best Practices.
- Design and draw computerized HVAC Unit Layout Drawings and components.
- Enter and modify information in CDI’s part management system (M2M).
- Maintain “ownership” for the design of the unit while it is being manufactured, until it is shipped, and after it is delivered to the customer.
- Occasionally participate in Design Review Team meetings and Pre-Production meetings on unique jobs.
- Help the Engineering Manager develop Drafting Standards and proceduresthat improve the delivery of a high quality Drafting Product on time.
Skills and Abilities:
- Shows initiative in solving problem.
- Takes initiative for maintaining high standards of quality and workmanship in all areas.
- Works well with team members and with other teams; resolves conflicts appropriately.
- Able to communicate non-technical and technical information in both verbal and written formats.
- Demonstrated abilities in print reading, and interpretation and application of dimensioning and tolerancing. (required)
- Ability in interpreting and applying geometric dimensioning and tolerancing. (beneficial)
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks. Mechanical ability and aptitude sufficient to be able to visualize and conceptualize units from drawings.
- Ability to work with manufacturing by understanding potential Fab/Assembly issues in support of improved manufacturability of CDI product.
- Attention to detail in tasks such as reviewing documents and preparing drawings. Attention to detail as demonstrated in documentation and design accuracy.
- A desire to achieve team results and continuous improvement.
- A desire to learn and grow professionally.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 1 year post secondary training in mechanical or architectural drafting, using Solidworks.
- Computer experience with Microsoft Windows.
- Previous use of Solidworks is required.
- One year of experience working with sheet metal in manufacturing operations or designing for sheet metal assemblies. This is preferred but not required.
- Previous HVAC experience, preferred but not required.
Why Join the CDI Team?
- Local Family Owned Company
- Performance and wage review after 90 days of employment
- Paid Holidays right away
- Start accruing PTO on Day 1
- Option to carry over up to 120 PTO hours each year
- Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement with no waiting period upon hire, then annual payments going forward
- Year-end cash bonuses available
- Profit sharing and 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short/Long Term Disability, and so much more!
- Overtime Available
- Free Popcorn!
Thank you for your interest in a position at Climate by Design International located in sunny, southern Minnesota!