Location: Owatonna, MN
Apply Online Today!
Test the operation and performance of CDI product lines and components according to the specifications for the unit's sequence of operations and proper test procedures.
- Thoroughly test the electrical components of all CDI product lines.
- Follow the proper sequence of operations of each unit to be tested.
- Troubleshoot problems that arise during testing.
- Perform duties of other manufacturing departments when necessary.
- Communicate with the Product Engineers on design or troubleshooting issues.
- Develop and refine test procedures to be more accurate and timely and to aid in the reduction of warranty.
- May fill in for field service representatives by performing inside or field service duties. This will be to help out the workload in field service and to broaden the individual’s training and experience for the future.
- Develop and maintain favorable working relationships with other employees to facilitate the flow of information and ideas for improvement.
- Seek out the department Lead or Supervisor to ask questions related to work technique or a particular unit.
- Seek out Supervisor on questions or ideas related to work flow, hindrances, projects, equipment shortages or problems, procedures, methods, safety, and general employment.
- Timeliness - Contributes to the team’s current On Time goal.
- Quality - Contributes to the team’s current Final Inspection goal and generates minimal or no warranty issues.
- Acquiring all skills necessary to advance to Senior Test Technician.
- Show strong interest in company market success.
- Participate in training skills enhancement opportunities.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Some electrical training is helpful.
- Three years of work experience in manufacturing is preferred.
- Experience should include working with electrical wiring and diagrams.
- Experience working with HVAC equipment is desirable.
- Has proven electrical wiring skills and aptitude.
- Able to readily learn how to read and follow electrical diagrams, mechanical assembly drawings, and piping diagrams.
- Ability to read and apply technical literature.
- Able to readily learn how to use these tools to accurately test and troubleshoot all CDI product lines: Combustion analyzer, DMM, Amp meter, RPM strobe light, Hi-pot tester, Manometers, and other test equipment.
- Interpersonal and communications skills necessary to work effectively with others within and outside the team.
- Willingness to prepare for a position as a Field Service Technician is desirable.
Why Join the CDI Team?
- Local Family Owned Company
- $1.00 shift differential for night shift positions
- Performance and wage review after 90 days of employment
- Paid Holidays right away
- Start accruing PTO on Day 1
- Option to carry over up to 120 PTO hours each year
- Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement with no waiting period upon hire, then annual payments going forward
- Year-end cash bonuses available
- Profit sharing and 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short/Long Term Disability, and so much more!
- 4 Day Work Week
- Overtime Available
- Free Popcorn!
Thank you for your interest in a position at Climate by Design International located in sunny, southern Minnesota!