Apply Online Today!
Hourly Wage: $18-$21 per hour
Location: Owatonna, MN and Burnsville, MN
- Ensure the hand off of complete, accurate, and effective designs to manufacturing, including component selections, technical data, design documentation and bills of materials.
- Participate in the product design and development process through design for manufacturability activities
- Work with CDI or industry specific engineering tools to prepare documentation and select proper components (damper sizing, blower sizing, coil sizing and specification, blower ‘runs’, etc.).
- Contact suppliers to verify component capabilities and obtain necessary engineering documentation.
- Prepare job specific bills of material and modular standard bills of material for technical components (fuel system controls, electrical, dampers, doors, blowers, motors, etc) and supporting parts.
- Participate in Design Review Team meetings assisting in manufacturability improvement decisions, warranty avoidance decisions, and product improvement decisions in a recommendation and advisement role.
- Participate in Final Inspections reviewing product conformance to expectations and assisting design verification.
- Act as a technical resource for manufacturing providing job order specific answers, troubleshooting, and other technical assistance as necessary or requested.
- Use CAD to create job specific electrical schematics and piping drawings/schematics.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- HVAC industry training.
- Experience with developing and using electrical wiring diagrams.
- Experience with HVAC control systems operation and troubleshooting.
- Experience working with HVAC equipment.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of CAD drawing development.
- Ability to read prints and interpret and apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing including tolerance analysis.