Field Services Technician
Location: Owatonna, MN
Apply Online Today!
- Perform duties in the CDI factory office and at field sites to start up or service CDI HVAC equipment and to insure that the product meets project specifications and end user expectations.
- Prepare for on-site installation, service and repairs by examining building layout, anticipating difficulties, gathering materials, and coordinating on-site work
- Travel to customer sites as required, insuring startups and/or service occur promptly. (Travel to be limited to approximately 25% overnight travel with a maximum of 50% in a month’s time.)
- Identify, analyze, diagnose, and repair systems and products at customer's location.
- Perform preventative maintenance, site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed.
- Keep current on all CDI products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair. Keep abreast of changing technology in the industry and attend training as necessary to achieve technical competency on all CDI product lines.
- Diagnose and repair units using hand-tools; follow design prints or engineering specifications; inspect and maintain company tools and test equipment.
- Manage customer related issues on assigned projects to insure highest levels of customer satisfaction and meet overall project or task objectives.
- Provide back up telephone support to customers’ technical needs when required.
- Conduct customer satisfaction follow up calls.
- Ability to skillfully use: Power tools (electric and air), drill press, band saw, hand tools, step ladder scaffolding, tape measure, design prints. Test equipment; i.e., Voltmeter, Voltmeter, CO tester, Manometer, Tachometer, Dielectric tester, and other testing instruments as necessary.
- Ability to work with these materials: Galvanized sheet metal (20-12 gauge), fasteners, miscellaneous hardware, lumber, stretch wrap, plastic sheeting, fiberglass insulation, and miscellaneous internal components (fan motor, blower, vent glass, etc
- Ability to explain technical information in common language. This includes responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers; includes effective presentation of information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Willing to travel and work independently in the field - willing to perform in a position that requires overnight travel 25% of the time, and up to 50% at times. Flexibility to work overtime/weekends as necessary.
- Positive interpersonal skills and attitude - to handle customer relations issues on the phone and in the field while installing or repairing units.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Electrical coursework or equivalent experience is highly desirable.
- Associates degree or equivalent from a Technical/Trade School with a certificate in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning is desirable.
- A minimum of three years of HVAC field service experience or manufacturing experience in HVAC industry.
- Prior experience as an Electrical Test Technician is desirable.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and proof of personal auto liability
- International travel may be rarely required, must either have or can acquire a valid passport.
- Required to stand, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, talk, or hear. Frequently required to walk, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Occasionally required to sit.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Requires working outdoors, in mechanical/equipment rooms, and possible extreme weather conditions; regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and heavy equipment.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, risk of electric shock (high voltage), and vibration; occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, extreme heat, and loud noise.
Wage: $19 per hour
Why Join the CDI Team?
- Local Family Owned Company
- $1.00 shift differential for night shift positions
- Performance and wage review after 90 days of employment
- Paid Holidays right away
- Start accruing PTO on Day 1
- Option to carry over up to 120 PTO hours each year
- Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement with no waiting period upon hire, then annual payments going forward
- Year-end cash bonuses available
- Profit sharing and 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short/Long Term Disability, and so much more!
- 4 Day Work Week
- Overtime Available
- Free Popcorn!
Thank you for your interest in a position at Climate by Design International located in sunny, southern Minnesota!