Apply online today!
Are you self-motivated with a results driven approach? As a Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for coordinating schedules and workflow within and between assigned department(s). We are looking for someone who has the ability to supervise, coach, train, and effectively utilize the skills of assigned personnel. In this role you will need to effectively use manufacturing equipment, tools, and facilities, continuously improving production processes and efficiencies.
- Set daily, weekly, and/or monthly production goals for employees and communicate them clearly
- Develop a Lean-principled, team oriented approach within each work center
- Prepare, deliver, and follow up on training and orientation plans for new employees within your assigned department.
- Ensure safety training is provided to all team members, including safe operation of equipment and work processes
- Communicate general work direction through the Leads and/or directly to team members
- Perform all supervisory responsibilities such as interviewing, coaching, performance evaluation, disciplinary steps, policy review, etc.
- Improve labor efficiency by eliminating non-value added activities, streamlining work flow, and ensuring the proper tools are available
- Assist in keeping inventory at optimal levels. Utilize “just in time” principles to achieve this goal
- High School or equivalent
- Degree in a technical, engineering, or relevant field is desired
- Seminars, training, and certifications in supervision and manufacturing techniques
- Proven experience leading people in a team environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- 3 years supervisory experience at a manufacturing company is desired
- Experience using various types of manufacturing machinery and tools
- Excellent mechanical and problem solving skills
- Advanced computer skills, including ERP systems MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Why Join the CDI Team?
- Local Family Owned Company
- Performance and wage review after 90 days of employment
- Paid Holidays right away
- Start accruing PTO on Day 1
- Option to carry over up to 120 PTO hours each year
- Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement with no waiting period upon hire, then annual payments going forward
- Year-end cash bonuses available
- Profit sharing and 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short/Long Term Disability, and so much more!
- Free Popcorn!
Thank you for your interest in a position at Climate by Design International located in sunny, southern Minnesota!