Location: Owatonna, MN
Apply Online Today!
The Manufacturing Vice President is responsible for leading the company’s manufacturing operations from the point the project is released through delivery. He or she also effectively communicates the strategic vision and goals and leads the team to achieve them.
- Serve on the Senior Leadership Team and participate in leadership team and business planning meetings.
- Prepare annual manufacturing strategic plans to achieve vision and goals.
- Build the manufacturing culture through leading by example, coaching and mentoring, caring for employees, and promoting core values.
- Lead the manufacturing team in achievement of the manufacturing plan
- Participate in Management Team Meetings and set a leaderhip example.
- Prepare annual and quarterly updates of goals/objectives for assigned department(s) and gain the approval of the Chief Executive Officer.
- Monitor performance of the department against approved objectives and ensure that the operational key strategic indicators are achieved. Report results internally to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Prepare and obtain approval of the annual expense budget and quarterly updates for the departments managed.
- Approve, make, and/or recommend major decisions relevant to the operation of the assigned department(s) – such as new equipment, changes in technology used, product innovations or modifications, department staffing levels, etc.
- Select and manage the performance of qualified personnel in positions reporting directly, and ensure qualified personnel are selected and supervised in all operational departments reporting to the Manufacturing Vice President.
- Conduct meetings and provide communications to keep department staff informed of company and department plans, operations, and changes.
- Ensure effective interdepartmental coordination of people and information within the company and externally.
- Hold staff accountable to systems and procedures.
- Manage the work performance of direct reports through communicating performance expectations, providing performance feedback and reviews, and coaching to help improve performance. (Materials Manager, Production Supervisors, Facilities and Safety Manager, Administrative Assistant, Master Scheduler).
- Develop and maintain plans for improving the skills of direct reports and other manufacturing personnel.
- Ensure that direct reports follow Safety Program principles and requirements.
- Develop a thorough understanding of material flow and manufacturing processes to be able to effectively lead continuous improvement activities.
- Benchmark and understand industry wide manufacturing processes that we need to integrate into our long term strategic planning.
- In depth knowledge of the development and maintenance of quality management systems.
- Lead or assist in leading the effective implementation of new or upgraded manufacturing technology.
Leadership – Willingness to lead, take charge and offer opinions and give direction.
Initiative – Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Stress Tolerance – Accepting criticism calmly and effectively with high stress situations.
Dependability – Reliable, responsible, dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
Cooperation – Pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good natured, cooperative attitude.
Integrity – Honest and ethical.
Analytical Thinking – Analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
Persistence – Persistence in the face of obstacles
- Bachelor’s degree is required, Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- Coursework and seminars in management and supervision of people.
- Coursework and seminars in topics related to improvement of manufacturing operations
- Prefer previous management or senior leadership experience in HVAC industry is desired.
- 5 years of experience as a manufacturing or operations senior leader in a company with a minimum annual production of $20 million.
CDI is a thriving company of over 130 employees. Thanks to those valued employees, CDI has grown by serving its customers well and building relationships based on honesty and integrity.
CDI designs and manufactures custom desiccant dehumidifiers and critical process air handlers for numerous markets including food processing, ice arenas, waste water treatment plants, pharmaceutical, automotive, rental, healthcare, aviation, and other niche markets requiring dry air climates. This equipment provides solutions for facilities and mobile temporary applications.
Why Join the CDI Team?
- Local Family Owned Company
- Performance and wage review after 90 days of employment
- Paid Holidays right away
- Start accruing PTO on Day 1
- Option to carry over up to 120 PTO hours each year
- Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement with no waiting period upon hire, then annual payments going forward
- Year-end cash bonuses available
- Profit sharing and 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short/Long Term Disability, and so much more!
- Overtime Available
- Free Popcorn!
Thank you for your interest in a position at Climate by Design International located in sunny, southern Minnesota!