Location: Owatonna, MN
Daniel Peterson, Mechanical Engineer
"I work at CDI because it is a fantastic environment to learn and grow while being involved in interesting and important work. I like the work I do at CDI. The HVAC industry is an incredibly diverse field with many avenues for personal growth. I like the atmosphere. CDI has a team that respects one another and strives “egolessly” towards those goals. You should work at CDI if you like being at a place that values hard work, integrity and customer focus."
Apply Online Today!
- Develops technology in an effort to establish ‘state of the art’ in product performance, manufacturability, and customer value.
- Applies heat transfer, fluid dynamic, acoustic and other mechanical engineering acumen for design, selection, prototyping and testing of products, components, systems, or sub systems as assigned.
- Assumes a leadership role in facets of product design technology as assigned or as need becomes evident.
- Develops systems and methods necessary to establish the technology and transfer it to CDI Design Standards and Best Practices, or to the OFF Team for incorporation in standard design implementation.
- Develops technology training plans and ensures that others are trained as appropriate.
- Achieves cost reductions through alternative design practices, component and methods selection alternatives, and product simplification.
- Proposes opportunities and organizes and leads cost reduction team initiatives as appropriate
- Works collaboratively with the Materials and Manufacturing groups to select component, supplier, and process alternatives.
- Assumes a leadership role in technology development and product enhancement/development initiatives.
- Proposes project scope and deliverables
- Executes project plans
- Transfers results and ensures integration with CDI Design Standards and Best Practices, and OFF Team practices.
- Working knowledge of CAD 3D model development and model manipulation/animation is beneficial.
- Computational skills involving higher level math including calculus, algebra and trigonometry, and statistical methods including regression analysis and quality charts.W
- Working knowledge of HVAC equipment operation and design practices.
- Ability to read prints and interpret and apply Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing including tolerance analysis.
- Ability to create spreadsheets and documents which meet professional standards of spelling, grammar and punctuation, and continuity.
- This position demands an ability to communicate messages and technical information in both verbal and written formats.
- Skill at effectively instructing or persuading is a regular requirement
- HVAC equipment design and function.
- 3D CAD solid modeling.
- BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent experience and demonstrated performance.
- College level training in Materials Properties or Metallurgy, Thermodynamics, Strength of Materials, Calculus and Differential Equations, and Statistical Analysis.
- HVAC industry training
Why Join the CDI Team?
- Local Family Owned Company
- Performance and wage review after 90 days of employment
- Paid Holidays right away
- Start accruing PTO on Day 1
- Option to carry over up to 120 PTO hours each year
- Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement with no waiting period upon hire, then annual payments going forward
- Year-end cash bonuses available
- Profit sharing and 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short/Long Term Disability, and so much more!
- Free Popcorn!
Thank you for your interest in a position at Climate by Design International located in sunny, southern Minnesota!