Mechanical Engineering Internship
- Develops technology in an effort to establish ‘state of the art’ in product performance, manufacturability, and customer value.
- Applies heat transfer, fluid dynamic, acoustic and other mechanical engineering acumen for design, selection, prototyping and testing of products, components, systems, or sub systems as assigned.
- Conducts structural design analysis and recommendations of products as required.
- Selects, tests, and researches, size and/or confirms components, systems, or sub systems.
- Develops rules for use and application of components, systems, or sub systems for spacing, clearance, heat transfer rates, etc.
- Achieves cost reductions through alternative design practices, component and methods selection alternatives, and product simplification.
- Assumes responsibility for perpetuation and integrity of CDI Design Standards and Best Practices.
- Interacts with Customer Service, Sales, and CDI Sales Representatives to maintain a keen understanding of market trends in technology, end user requirements and wishes, and CDI product strengths and weaknesses.
- Conducts FMEA’s on product designs as appropriate to improve reliability, improve manufacturability, and improve safety for both Manufacturing and the final customer.
- Participates in design for manufacturability (DFM) brainstorming sessions as part of the CDI G4M product development process.
- Participates in Design Review Team meetings as appropriate to assist in manufacturability improvement decisions, warranty cost avoidance decisions, and product improvement decisions.
- Periodically meets with the Customer Service Supervisor to receive feedback on customer satisfaction.
- Participates in engineering design problem resolution activities so as to reduce cost, increase quality, and improve productivity.
- Participates in Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) activities and resultant ECO or prototype/design modification actions.
- Pursing a BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Manufacturing Engineering, or equivalent experience and demonstrated performance.
- College level training in Materials Properties or Metallurgy, Thermodynamics, Strength of Materials, Calculus and Differential Equations, and Statistical Analysis.
- Experience with HVAC equipment design and function.
- Familiar with 3D CAD solid modeling.
- Familiar with Finite Element Analysis.