Location: Owatonna, MN or Burnsville, MN
Apply Online Today!
If you are either a current HVAC Sales Engineer or a Consulting HVAC engineer and you are looking for a role that combines your technical skills and passion for customers, then we have a great opportunity for you! We are seeking a high energy, motivated technical sales professional to promote innovative solutions for current and potential customers.
- Provide engineering and sales support to our internal and external customers (representatives, OEMs, consulting engineers, Marketing Service department, and other internal departments)
- Recommend HVAC solutions that meet customer needs and requirements. Provide sales proposals and pricing for those solutions using CDI products and services.
- Select or suggest alternative CDI products to meet customer specifications for intended use.
- Recommend and drive the design criteria for our products, or for specific applications.
- Solve engineering design problems that result in reduced cost, increased quality, and/or improved productivity.
- Answer design and engineering questions about products from both internal and external sources
- Assure that the paperwork accompanying new orders is complete, accurate and clearly communicates all technical information needed to support that order downstream in the “order fulfillment to factory” process.
- Evaluate and recommend the pricing on proposals utilizing the best available information.
- Acquire product expertise and monitor changes in assigned areas of specialization for markets, products, or applications.
- Develop relationships with internal and external customers that result in mutually profitable business opportunities and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Train and mentor others in design, estimating, and sales activities.
- Four or five year college degree in mechanical engineering with relevant coursework and sales and engineering experience.
- Numerous skill building educational experiences in both the technical and sales aspects of the HVAC industry
- Minimum of 6 years experience in related field.
- Interpersonal skills and experience in consultative selling to find solutions involving the application of complex mechanical equipment like we sell.
Compensation based on qualifications.
$65,000 - $85,000 per year
Why Join the CDI Team?
- Local Family Owned Company
- Performance and wage review after 90 days of employment
- Paid Holidays right away
- Start accruing PTO on Day 1
- Option to carry over up to 120 PTO hours each year
- Safety shoe and safety glasses reimbursement with no waiting period upon hire, then annual payments going forward
- Year-end cash bonuses available
- Profit sharing and 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Short/Long Term Disability, and so much more!
- 4 Day Work Week
- Overtime Available
- Free Popcorn!
Thank you for your interest in a position at Climate by Design International located in sunny, southern Minnesota!