Location: Owatonna, MN
Apply Online Now!!!
Responsible for coordinating the logistics process, routing loads, processing orders for shipping, and maintaining accurate records. Applies knowledge of domestic and international shipping guidelines regarding packing, loading and transporting.
- Keep abreast of production and shipping schedules.
- Contact customers to set up deliveries and coordinate shipment.
- Communicate with key project stakeholders (i.e. salesperson) on any shipping issues.
- Track delivery progress of shipments.
- Develop truck load sheets to pre-plan how trucks will get loaded to reduce shipping costs.
- Determine method of shipment and prepare bills of lading, invoices, and shipping documents.
- Estimate freight or postal rates and record shipment costs and weights.
- Keep records of all goods shipped, received and stored.
- Check import or export documentation to determine cargo contents and use tariff coding system to classify goods according to fee or tariff group.
- Negotiate and arrange transport of goods with shipping or freight companies.
- Serve as backup to install straps, braces, and padding to loads to prevent shifting or damage during shipment.
- Plan and coordinate packaging requirements as requested by customer; including: international crates, shrink wrap, tarps, etc.
- Develop shipping schedules (with dates and times) for internal use on when trucks will be loaded and for external use in communicating with trucking companies
- Arrange insurance coverage for goods.
- Observe cargo loading to ensure completeness of load and even distribution of weight.
- Arrange for shipping of parts orders for replacement in the field and returning of defective parts to vendors.
- Coordinate activities of workers engaged in packaging and shipping merchandise.
- Contact vendors or claims adjustment departments to resolve shipment problems or contact service depots to arrange for repairs.
- Trace lost shipments as necessary.
- Serve as backup to attach address labels, identification codes, and shipping instructions to containers.
- Serve as a backup for Inventory Control and Shipping/Receiving area.
- Able to develop and maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with and between customers, salespersons, vendors, freight companies, and coworkers to help support CDI key goals of good pricing and on time delivery.
- Set a good example of personal integrity within the company and with external customers.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 2 or more years in a manufacturing freight dispatching position is required.
- 3 or more years in a manufacturing shipping/receiving or material handling position is desired.
- Utilization of various software including Enterprise Resource Planniing (ERP) software, procurement software and Microsoft Office suite software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Position requires some lifting up to 30 pounds.
Why Join the CDI Team?
- Local Family Owned Company
- Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Overtime Available
- Free Popcorn!
Thank you for your interest in a position at Climate by Design International located in sunny, southern Minnesota!