Location: Owatonna, MN
Apply Online Today!
Are you a Supply Chain management professional looking for an opportunity to lead the development of a high performance Supply Chain function? Then we have an opportunity for you!
This position is responsible for the establishment and operation of supply chains that continually improve the quality, delivery, cost and cash-flow performance of all CDI operations. This position produces results by:
- Negotiating domestic and global supplier pricing and performance contracts.
- Leading the development and improvement of CDI's procurement strategy.
- Providing strong technical leadership to the buying functions of all CDI operations.
- Utilizing sales forecasts to optimize inventory throughout CDI's supply chain.
- Developing strategic partnerships with CDI's suppliers.
- Identifying new opportunities and innovations, and guiding the development of new products and services
Develop and operate a global supply chain operation that meets CDI’s needs:
- Determine the best suppliers from which to obtain required materials, products and services.
- Leverage CDI’s buying power to negotiate domestic and global supplier pricing and performance contracts.
- Apply purchasing and supply-chain expertise to define, implement and manage policies and procedures across all company functions and processes.
- Direct, develop and mentor members of CDI’s Supply Chain Team.
Continuously improves the Quality, Delivery and Cost of CDI’s Supply-Chain and Function:
- Design, implement, manage and monitor reporting systems that define current performance and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Lead the development of CDI’s procurement methods.
- Develop a “certified supplier” program to increase performance to our customers.
- Teach and employ Lean principles and leads Kaizen and other projects to make improvements within our operations and that of our suppliers.
- Lead the conversion from “system-generated” buy requirements to Kanban and supplier-managed inventory where appropriate.
Enable and assist in the development of new products and services:
- Guide the organization regarding the availability of materials and products, and their quality, delivery, cost and cash flow impact.
- Identify new opportunities and innovations, and provide input to the development process.
Monitor and forecast commodity costs relevant to CDI’s supply chain.
Utilize sales forecasts to optimize inventory levels throughout CDI’s supply chain.
This position requires an individual who possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
This position requires a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a supply chain leadership function.
- Experience devising and executing a global procurement strategy.
- Knowledgeable of Lean/Toyota Production System (TPS) principles and will have experience leading suppliers in their Lean development.
- Proficient at implementing supplier Kanban.
- A proven track-record of creating and negotiating strategic supplier agreements both domestically and globally with demonstrated improvements in quality, delivery, lead-time, cost, inventory days on hand.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position is located in a typical office environment. Daily time spent in CDI Manufacturing operations is required. Travel to Supplier locations, including international travel is also required.
Why Join the CDI Team?