Location: Owatonna, MN
Apply Online Today!
Chris Bruns, Assembler
"I work at CDI because it has a good, stable work environment. The work we do keeps me busy! CDI is flexible with overtime – I like that. You should work at CDI if you want to be part of a growing company and a positive workplace."
- Assemble (construct) sheet metal HVAC equipment casings according to job specifications defined in drawings.
- Use overhead cranes, power tools, wrenches, levels, etc.
- Perform mathematical calculations involving addition and subtraction of dimensions represented decimally or in fractions.
- Read drawings for design, dimensions, and tolerances.
- Follow manufacturing, materials, and accounting record keeping practices by promptly and accurately logging pertinent information.
- Tasks in assembly process of units typically include:Perform mathematical calculations involving addition and subtraction of dimensions represented decimally or in fractions.Read drawings for design, dimensions, and tolerances.
- Maintain equipment, tools, and work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Accurately track work hours by job and activity on time card.
- Accept other duties and responsibilities as assigned or when required by customer needs.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Shop courses or equivalent experience is helpful.
- Experience including use of small hand tools in a team-oriented manufacturing environment
- Knowledgeable in the proper and safe use of mechanical tools, wrenches, levels, and light power tools.
- Perform mathematical calculations involving addition and subtraction of dimensions using decimals and/or fractions.
- Use a tape measure to properly measure lengths of materials.
- Work independently; be a good role model to others
CDI is a thriving company of over 130 employees. Thanks to those valued employees, CDI has grown by serving its customers well and building relationships based on honesty and integrity.
CDI designs and manufactures custom desiccant dehumidifiers and critical process air handlers for numerous markets including food processing, ice arenas, waste water treatment plants, pharmaceutical, automotive, rental, healthcare, aviation, and other niche markets requiring dry air climates. This equipment provides solutions for facilities and mobile temporary applications.
Why Join the CDI Team?
- Local Family Owned Company
- Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Four Day Work Week
- Overtime Available
- Free Popcorn!
Thank you for your interest in a position at Climate by Design International located in sunny, southern Minnesota!